Saturday, March 9, 2013

Coming Home

Today Dudley came home from Yuri's garage over in Winchester.  Zack and I drove all the way from Winchester on 340.  We stopped at a Wendy's in Front Royal and then continued on to Waynesboro.  From there we hopped on 250E over to Charlottesville.

Dudley drove incredibly well.  The first thing I noticed about Dudley was his incredible fweem.  Beautiful and music to my ears, particularly since Bernie never fweem-ed.

The second thing I noticed was how solid Dudley felt.  No rattle, no shaking (maybe a little at 55mph). He handled very well, particularly around curves, and I appreciated the comfort of the Super Beetle.  What they say about MacPherson struts versus torsion bar suspension is true.

Driving along, I also noticed the whistle Yuri told me about coming from the driver's side vent window.  Not sure what to do about this.  I might have to take Dudley to see Ken in the summer as I'm scared of fooling with rubber.

I'm thinking of rummaging through my parts box in the basement.  I think I might have a glovebox door to donate to Dudley and maybe some other random parts.  Fortunately, he's very complete and the parts are in excellent condition.


No comments:

Post a Comment