Saturday, March 16, 2013

License to Plate

My 3rd set of plates for Dudley.  Dammit.
Oh no.  I just wasted an incredible amount of money.  First, I went to DMV to register Dudley and purchased black and white antique plates.  I received them in the mail yesterday.  I went to put them on yesterday, only to find that the holes on the plates were too small for Dudley's front license plate holder.  To make matters worse, these stupid plates didn't have to bottom holes I needed to mount the EU plate. Ugh.  Sooo, I went to Lowe's and purchased two drill bits for metal as well as four nuts and bolts.  Long story short, I widened the holes, drilled new holes and successfully mounted Dudley's new antique plates.  Then I made a big mistake--I went on theSamba.com and ebay to look for VA plates from 1971.  Oh dear.  I found some!  Low price!  I made an offer and got them for $27 total.  Apparently, if you make an offer, you wind up buying the plates if the offer is accepted.  So there's no going back.  Okay, no big deal.  Until I won another set of antique plates for a convertible.  Dammit.  This must be about $100.00 in plates!  Ugh!  I already put the $27 plates on theSamba.com.  

No comments:

Post a Comment